Now experience a smart home demo at a location closer to your home in Bangalore! Visit us today for exciting offers and discounts.
Check out Thasmai Audio’s new Home Theater brochure, you can now check out your dream home theater experience in 3 areas in Bangalore! Call us to book a demo with a movie of your choice.
This summer, Thasmai will launch 2 new showrooms and experience zones in South Bangalore (JP Nagar) and East Bangalore (KR Puram Flyover) for you to experience smart home living. For inquiries, write to [email protected] and our representatives will reach out to you!
Keep watching this space for more updates.
Develop a budget. Unless you have a limitless budget to draw from, you may need to start small. The initial systems you install may be dedicated units that control a single home system. The following popular categories for new automation systems can be installed on an individual basis and integrated later when you’re ready:
- Automation for your existing security system
- Automated door locks
- Light controls
- Smart programmable thermostat
- Remote garage door control
- Remote control electronics and appliances
Vendor Search- Locate a good installer in your area: No matter how avid a DIYer you are, it’s imperative that you find a qualified installer to program boxes and set up your system for you. Integrating systems together is particularly complicated, much more so than simply programming a universal remote.
In last few years, wireless systems like WLAN have become very common in home networking. In home automation systems, the use of wireless technologies gives several advantages over wired networks.
1) Lower installation costs: First and foremost, installation costs are significantly reduced since no cabling is necessary. Wired solutions require cabling, where material as well as the professional laying of cables (e.g. into walls) is cost prohibitive.
2) Easy deployment, installation, and coverage: Wireless nodes can be mounted almost anywhere. In adjacent or remote places, where cabling may not be feasible,
e.g., a garden house or the patio, connection to the home network is accomplished instantly by simply mounting nodes in the area. Hence, wireless technology also helps to enlarge the covered area.
3) System scalability and easy extension: Deploying a wireless network is especially advantageous when, due to new or changed requirements, extension of the network is necessary. In contrast to wired installations, additional nodes do not require additional cabling which makes extension rather trivial. This makes wireless installations a seminal investment.
4) Aesthetical benefits: As mentioned before, placement of wireless nodes is easy. Apart from covering a larger area, this attribute helps to full aesthetical requirements as well. Examples include representative buildings with all-glass architecture and historical buildings where design or conservatory reasons do not allow laying of cables.
5) Integration of mobile devices: With wireless networks, associating mobile devices such as PDAs and Smartphones with the automation system becomes possible everywhere and at any time, as a device’s exact physical location is no longer crucial for a connection (as long as the device is in reach of the network).
Challenges of Home automation
Home automation systems face four main challenges; these are high cost of ownership, inflexibility, poor manageability, and difficulty achieving security. The main objectives of that research is to design and to implement a cheap and open source home automation system that is capable of controlling and automating most of the house appliance through an easy manageable web interface to run and maintain the home automation system
The “smart home” concept arose in the early 1980’s when “smart building” concepts started to be used. In those years, smart homes were designed only for user convenience. “Smart homes” have smart technologies having remote or centrally controlled functions and services. In a smart home, the inhabitants’ wishes and needs concerning all or some part of equipment and functionality have priority.
In smart house systems, the internet is also used to ensure remote control. For years, the internet has been widely used for the processes such as surfing on the pages, searching information, chatting, downloading and installation. By the rapid developments of new technologies, monitoring, controlling services have been started to be served along with internet as an instrument providing interaction with machinery and devices. In smart house systems, comfort and security of houses have been enhanced, usage of energy and other resources were provided in a more rational way, and considerable savings have been achieved. In the beginning, the “smart home” idea was aimed to raise home comfort of people who are not disabled. Nowadays, it is also convenient to satisfy personal needs of older and disabled people, to help and support those people. This application area is very important and promising in the future. The concept of providing proper and full control on each device and electrical equipment as well as no requirement for processes, which required manual control before, are the reasons for being under concentration.
Smart homes can be dealt with four main aspects:
- The physical structure of the building
- The system (security, air conditioning, power control)
- Services (Internet, communication)
- Management (energy, illumination, irrigation)
The physical structure of the building is important in terms of heating and natural ventilation. This feature is implemented in the project phase of the building. Engineers carry out the calculation of correct use of insulation material and the positioning of the building for energy saving in the beginning phase of the project while drawing the project. The other three basic aspects can be applied on the foundation after the construction of the building and even for pre-made buildings.
In today’s modern era, automation is rapidly advanced while it becomes a part completing our homes and offices. Automation can be generally described as a process following pre-determined sequential steps with a very a little or without any human exertion.
Please watch this space for more updates from Thasmai Automation Pvt. Ltd.