In the previous blog post, we covered the present state of the Indian Home Automation market, here we speculate on what may happen in the coming years
Growth in Automation Market in India (2018-22)
The next phase for the Home automation market will occur based on a few key improvements in the technology available in Automation, such as improvement in Wireless Automation solutions as well as lowering of price points as the market begins to accept Home automation usage in larger volumes. Some trends that we foresee for this phase of the industry are
• Big companies like Philips, Siemens & Schneider will eventually bring out fairly mass market automation products with appealing user interface but at a lower price point than today, and more people will be able to afford the products
• Solution offerings will slowly move to a more user friendly design, where aside from a few key components, users will be able to buy and use the Automation products themselves without the aid of any technical expert
• Some foreign players will have niche in high end automation and focus on the premium market (>20 Lakh ticket size).
Commodification of Automation market (2021 onward)
As with any industry, as Automation for residences become common place, the market will eventually be crowded with several players, multiple product offerings and competitive pricing. The market for just Home automation is estimated to be 3.2$ Billion by 2020. If IoT were to become common place, then we’re looking at a multi-billion dollar opportunity in the Indian market.
- We foresee that all major players will have a presence leading to competition in prices and lower margins
- The products themselves will reach a ‘plug and play’ type of usability, where users can simply purchase pieces from the store and use it themselves without any support from professionals
- Many (most) houses will incorporate some aspect of Automation in the home, from Lighting, security or HVAC elements. Home Automation will be as commonplace as having a Fridge or Television in the house.
Follow this blog, and our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ThasmaiAutomationBlr/) for more updates!